“Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
CARA simply cannot survive without the help of dedicated animal lovers who generously volunteer their time each week. From fostering kittens to computer work; our members improve the quality of life for so many pets.
Commitment and communication are the keys to a successful group of people who are all here for the same reason because they love animals.
WHY BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
- Meet like-minded people who share your enthusiasm for animal welfare
- Support a cause you believe in
- Get a rewarding and satisfying experience
- Build your confidence and self-esteem
- Learn new skills or develop existing ones
- Use your mind and body in a worthwhile way
- Spend time doing something you really care about
- Feel like you’re part of a community
But most of all, the animals of the Philippines need you!
- 500php membership fee which will be used to support our Laguna Pitbull Sanctuary [transferred through our BPI (over the counter or online) CARA Welfare Philippines C/A 3121-1984-86 or Paypal.me/Cara Welfare Ph]
- A visit to the LPB Site (Sundays only). Send an email to email@example.com
- Time commitment – 20 hours of volunteer work per quarter.
- Participation in a committee. Every member is required to join a committee; the committees are so varied we are sure you will find one that interests you; committees are listed below.
- Attendance of 50% of CARA general meetings (these are normally once a month); this does not count towards the volunteer hours.
- A member must be over 18 years of age.
- Full support of CARA’s policies and philosophy.
- Proactive team players. Animal welfare in the Philippines is extremely hard and soul destroying; we have to all pull together to achieve our common goal.
- Members are required to keep abreast of events through the CARA Facebook group. Regular internet access is very important.
- If you wish to represent CARA at external events, you will be required to wear the official CARA t-shirt. The t-shirt can be purchased at the CARA clinic or on fundr.customthread.com/cara
HOW DO I BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
- Fill out and submit the application form. Click here.
- Attend the CARA volunteer orientation. You will be notified of the date upon completion of the membership application form.
- Once your membership has been approved, you will be sent an email with the link to the CARA volunteers Facebook group. This is where you can keep up to date on all the latest projects. Senior volunteers regularly call out for volunteers so please make sure you stay tuned.
Please read the Team descriptions carefully before making a selection. If you have any further questions please contact the committee head.
CARA committees can be viewed here: CARA Teams