“Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
CARA simply cannot survive without the help of dedicated animal lovers who generously volunteer their time each week. From fostering kittens to computer work; our members improve the quality of life for so many pets.
Commitment and communication are the keys to a successful group of people who are all here for the same reason because they love animals.
WHY BECOME A VOLUNTEER?
- Meet like-minded people who share your enthusiasm for animal welfare
- Support a cause you believe in
- Get a rewarding and satisfying experience
- Build your confidence and self-esteem
- Learn new skills or develop existing ones
- Use your mind and body in a worthwhile way
- Spend time doing something you really care about
- Feel like you’re part of a community
But most of all, the animals of the Philippines need you!
- Time commitment – 20 hours of volunteer work per quarter.
- NO membership fee – donations in money or kind are appreciated!
- Participation in a committee. Every member is required to join a committee; the committees are so varied we are sure you will find one that interests you; committees are listed below.
- Attendance of 50% of CARA general meetings (these are normally once a month); this does not count towards the volunteer hours.
- A member must be over 18 years of age.
- Full support of CARA’s policies and philosophy.
- Proactive team players. Animal welfare in the Philippines is extremely hard and soul destroying; we have to all pull together to achieve our common goal.
- Members are required to keep abreast of events through the CARA Facebook group. Regular internet access is very important.
- If you wish to represent CARA at external events, you will be required to wear the official CARA t-shirt. The t-shirt can be purchased at the CARA clinic.
How do I become a volunteer member?
- Download and accomplish the CARA Membership Application Form.
- Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the CARA volunteer orientation.
Once your membership has been approved, you will be invited to attend a meeting with the committee you selected. You will also be sent an email with the link to the CARA volunteers Facebook group; this is where you can keep up to date on all the latest projects.
Please read the committee descriptions carefully before making a selection. If you have any further questions please contact the committee head.
CARA committees can be viewed here: CARA Committees